Friday, October 31, 2008

10/31 long run

I met up with a friday long run group today to run 16-18 miles, closing at mgp. I think we ended up closer to 16, but I was ok with that. We ran from Jack and Adams to the 10 mile loop on the trail, but then cut off under the scary tunnel by the dam and ran that back part of the trail. Mandy's GPS had us at about 15 when we parted ways. Angie and I were supposed to close the last 6 miles, but it probably ended up being closer to 4.

I was pretty worn out today from the workout yesterday. The closing part actually didn't feel bad, it just felt like the rest of the run was really dragging on slowly. Good company and conversation, but really heavy legs. I went for a massage at 11am and that was probably a smart choice. My left calf muscle was pretty knotted up...and having that worked on was a less than pleasant experience. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow but I'm hoping my legs start to feel like they're ready to race within the next 16 days!

pluses: going to Mason today to go hunting

minuses: not enough sleep this week

No comments: