Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10/28 Stratford Loops

Today was pretty interesting. I started out the run with a pretty negative attitude. I'm not sure why, but I just wasn't feeling it. I think I am still in recovery mode from yesterday, where I did a whole lot of nothing. I had a pretty slow warm-up and then almost immediately got dropped by the 3:10 train on the first loop up the hills. That's when I started getting really down on myself. We recovered on red bud, mostly steep downhills. Then we hit tempo pace on Lake Austin. Actually, it was way faster than tempo pace. Geezer told me he was trying to drop me the whole time...and I was trying to hang on. We ended up at 6:31 pace. On the second round of hills I was a lot more positive. It felt easier. I was running by myself so I wasn't thinking about who was behind me or ahead of me...which was nice. I just kind of hit a nice stride, and stopped thinking. That seemed to solve the problem with the negative mind-set. On the second tempo I spotted Ramon so decided to try and catch up to him. I caught him towards the end of Lake Austin. I'm not sure what my pace was, but it felt like 10k pace, but felt good.

So although things didn't start out well, I think I ended things on a positive note. Now I just need to keep that positive thinking going for the next 3 weeks. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

pluses: great weather

minuses: teens stink at turning in paperwork

No comments: