Thursday, October 2, 2008

10/2 speed work

Today we did 4 2k repeats at 15k pace. I wasn't really sure what to expect for the workout, but it ended up going very well. We were warned to stay focused and disciplined on this run so we would blow up towards the end. I feel like I almost cheated on the disciplined part because I just followed Bruce the whole time. There was very little thought on my part with regards to pace. I felt fine after the fourth repeat and felt like I could have kept going. My 2k splits were 8:19, 8:19, 8:17, 8:11.

I'm still a little worried about the long run tomorrow...but in 22 hours I'll be done with it :)

pluses: ice cream party with the 5th grade girls I'm mentoring, happy hour at work today
minuses: had to fill my gas tank for the 4th time in 9 days :( and i need new running shoes

1 comment:

Julia said...

Yes, you need new running shoes!!