Friday, October 3, 2008

10/3 long run

Angie and I ran somewhere between 24 and 25 today. It felt really long, but overall I feel positive about the run. We started out a little faster than I wanted to and I felt like I hit a wall about 9-12 miles. Steve told Tausha and I the other day to try to avoid fueling up unless you absolutely need it. That way, you don't use goos as a crutch and you can teach your body to fight through that empty feeling. At around 12 I started to feel better on the run. We ran from Barton the long way to the mopac bridge, then we did the 7 mile loop, the 10 mile loop, and the 4.5 mile loop and headed back to the springs the same way we came. I was anticipating that the last loop at the lake would be hard...but I actually felt pretty good. The only hard part was stopping for water and then having to get started again. Overall, I feel good about things. It took us about 3:35 (Angie has the exact time). Once I get the time from her, I'll be able to look at the pace. Some time throughout the run it felt like we were at or below 8min/mile but others I could tell we slipped above that.

pluses: long run done for the weekend; great post-run breakfast; get to see Brian today and for the weekend

minuses: 150 miles on a bike still to come over the weekend....

No comments: