Saturday, October 11, 2008

10/11 Soul Buster II

Nailed it! I've been so nervous about this run all week! Steve told us on Thursday he didn't think any of us could run 10k pace for the last two miles. I took it as a challenge, but was hesitant to voice that because I didn't know if I could back it up. I started out running less than most of my teammates...just going 16 to the track. Then on the track we did 2 miles at 7:15 pace. Nailed it. Then we did 2 miles at 6:48. Nailed it. Then comes 10k pace. I ran the first mile at 6:23 and the second at 6:18. I was really happy with the way things went. I was tired, but felt mentally focused the whole time we were on the track. Having Mike there talking crap about letting Sisson "break us" was really helpful. I was able to stay focused and run exactly what I wanted to. All in all, great day. I feel better about this workout than any of the other ones I've run in the program thus far.

pluses: it's 3:26 and OU still sucks, bachelorette party tonight

minsuses: need some sleep!

No comments: