Wednesday, October 1, 2008

10/1 recovery run

I ran 5 miles this morning. Although it was a relatively short run, it felt kind of long. I ate a pretty late/crappy dinner last night, so that most likely added to the trouble on the run. The weather was nice...and I spent most of the run worrying about the speed workout tomorrow, 24 miles on Friday, and MS150 over the weekend. I question whether I can do all of that without feeling bad all of next week, but I guess I'll figure it out. Also, I thought a lot about how I should do a better job of keeping my nutrition in check. My best friend just passed her RD exam so I can use her as a resource...but the real problem is a lack of discipline. I do want to be a lot stricter with myself with regards to training and nutrition as I prepare for the next marathon. As of now, I only have 6 and 1/2 weeks left until the marathon so I'm not going to make any drastic changes in the way I've been training. I do have much higher hopes for the next time around though.

pluses: nice weather, relaxing morning
minuses: tired, lack of motivation regarding grad school work

No comments: