Sunday, October 5, 2008

10/4 & 10/5 MS 150

Wow. I survived the weekend! I was so worried about the 25 miler and then 157 miles of biking. My body handled it a lot better than expected. The ride was a two day ride. We rode 97 the fist day, spent the night in Beville, then rode 60 today. My legs felt much better than expected. I really thought the whole 97 miles would be miserable...but I didn't have any problems with my legs being tired. The biggest issues were my neck and shoulders being really tight...most likely because I've only ridden my bike twice since the same ride last year. Today was tough because the wind was very strong heading in to the coast. The last part of the ride was the best. We rode over the huge bridge going into Corpus. It was really hard...but the whole time I was struggling up the bridge I was thinking about the people who have multiple sclerosis who suffer from much more pain than that every day. I'm feeling accomplished for getting through the last three days...and I'm exhausted. I'm bummed I missed the team meeting but I'm looking forward to meeting up with someone on the team to see what's in store for the last phase...

pluses: finished the ride, lots of time with Brian, great dinner at Trudy's
minuses: exhausted, lots to do in the week ahead

No comments: