Thursday, September 25, 2008

9/25 run

We did the Enfield Loop 4 mile tempo run today. I was much smarter this time around than when we did the run two weeks ago. My first mile was 6:49, second 6:48, and mile 3 and 4 combined for 13:43 (I didn't get the split). So each mile was around the same pace which was a big improvement from last time where I started with a 6:20 and then died after that. I was pleased with the consistency and even more so than that, I know I could have comfortably kept running. I felt smooth and my leg felt good. I noticed it a bit on the hills but it was more of an annoyance than actually pain. I went to Lisa today to get a massage and got good news from her. She said I look more like someone who's had a lot of marathon experience just b/c of the way my body is taking the mileage. Considering I have little actual marathon training experience, this was a pleasant surprise. She worked on my vmo because basically of that tissue was just sticking together b/c it's a muscle and tendon insertion point. It already feels looser, but will probably be sore tonight. I'm looking forward to a day off and the long run on Sat.

No comments: